Monday, August 11, 2008

Another night featuring cryptic handwriting.

1 -

This dream took place in the same old house I dreamed about yesterday. Katie was in it. The rest reads "Tabes/Talses exat and de?iey incl".


2 -

The organist is having a recital at Yale. I invite my mother. The concert hall is big and more like a church.

3 -

SB is getting an award and/or giving a particularly noteworthy lecture at a college. People are crowding into the hall. The person introducing him has a hard time keeping the crowd under control. I'm standing at a side entrance, just inside the door. I can't really see the stage as the door faces a small landing with stairs up to the stage on one side and up to the gallery on the other. The hall is darkened, except for the spotlights. I know that he's not one of the company golden boys but neither am I. I cheer wildly as he's introduced.

4 -

I'm going back to college. I had Katie and took time off for that. I'm going to be sharing an apartment with an older couple to save money. My dad drops me off. John and Katie are supposed to come on the weekend but they come that night to stay for a bit as a surprise. I'm thrilled because I was more homesick than I expected. I'm following the old couple's daughter through the apartment as she shows me around. It's big and laid out quite oddly. You enter into a hallway and there's a little kitchenette across from the door. If you turn left it leads to the bedrooms. Turn right, it leads to a hallway that turns left into the living room. If you keep going, you turn left into the "real" kitchen. It's very large and very 1970s. There is a huge jar - like an apothecary jar - with a glass lid on the counter and there are things floating in a clear liquid. They look like severed baby hands and feet. I feel faint and start to back away, saying to the daughter that I can't stay here. She pats me on the back solicitously and says, "Oh no, dear, those are giraffe feet".

~~~
Weirdly and horrifyingly, I remember when I wake up this morning that I had another dream where something appeared to be severed baby feet and hands and was told in the dream they were giraffe feet. It leaves me feeling quite sick most of the day so I'm really hoping that whatever factors of the ether are working to that end please STOP with the "giraffe feet" thing. You wanna make me dream that someone's trying to kill me? Ok. No more severed baby/kid parts, ok??

No comments: