Monday, November 17, 2008

Two last night that I recall...

1. I was at a party at SN's house. This is an annual party and usually so packed you can barely move but this time almost nobody was there. Also, the decor was much more like my house in style than theirs. Since nobody showed up but us, they decided to leave for Florida early. I was thinking it was a real waste of all that food and was eating cookies until I realized that I was probably holding them up. The doorbell rang and another small group of guests arrived to AN's frustration (because he wanted to get to FL) and I seized the opportunity to eat more cookies.

2. I dreamed that John and I and the girls were traveling through Florida by car. We stopped at a rest area and a snake (a coral snake) slithered up my leg and bit me in the knee. I karate-chopped its head off but it nicked my skin. I made John call 911 and the dispatcher (a grumpy sheriff type) didn't believe me. He thought I was an overreacting tourist but sent an ambulance. A large circle around the puncture on the outside of my knee was turning cyanotic (sp?) and there was an equally large dark spot on my ankle (no bite there though).

Then I was in a hospital and they're trying to inject antivenom (sp?). They mixed a clear liquid with some stuff to form a sludge that looked like greasy gravy (greasy on top and sludgy underneath) that they wanted to pump into me. It was too thick to fit into a regular syringe so they loaded up one of those syringes the dentist gives you when you have your wisdom teeth out and were about to stick the nose of that directly into the bite wound and squirt probably a cup's worth of this sludge in my knee. I was terrified of how it was going to hurt to have a cup of sludge injected via the syringe equivalent of a fire house but equally terrified I was going to die.

Make of those what you will.

No comments: