Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A couple of quick mental images from the last couple of days.

About 4 days ago:

I dreamed I was at some sort of training or school. We were being housed in an old department store, I think. My choir director was also attending the training. Instead of dorm rooms, they'd partitioned the various big areas of the old deprtment store with those pipe-and-drape things they use for tradeshows into various "roomettes". Others were complaining about it. I was thinking that at least we had a lot more space than the people who got dorm rooms but, later, it occurred to me that I would have to be very quiet if I wanted to do anything of a personal nature.

A couple nights ago:

I dreamed I was in a hotel suite. My parents and sister were there. There had been some sort of battle and John and I had retrieved these three nearly newborn infants. Somehow, either John had killed their parents in the battle or something like that. My mother asked what we were going to do with them and we were going to give them to some social service agency. We were getting ready to leave the area the next day as the battle/war in this area was done and we needed to move on. The babies are in some sort of co-sleeper attached to the bed. I'm getting onto the bed to crawl over to comfort one of the babies and thinking I didn't want to give them up, the poor little things. Meanwhile, I'm also realizing that someone (my mother, I think) has tried to clean some sort of grease spots on the comforter to the bed with some nasty chemical and has poured so much on that the pillow and comforter are soaked through in spots and unusable. I'm mad and demanding to know WTF she was thinking.

No comments: