Thursday, July 31, 2008

Two that I recall from last night (well, early this morning, actually)

First...

I'm at work. It's the consulting company I work for but, oddly, our office is a large box store - or I suppose it could be a warehouse. The floor starts shaking from an earthquake. Employees start running for the bathroom. I meet SN and DH on the way and convince them to come with me to the shower area because I think it's safer due to the small shower stalls. (I wrote "new showers" at the end of my notes on this one - I'm guessing that means the showers were safer because they were new?)

Second...

My fiance' and I live in a bad section of town. The fiance is maybe 21 at the most and I'm a couple years older, I think, or maybe just more mature. He has a two part thin mustache and dark hair and he's wearing a black baseball hat, pants half off his ass, and a long t-shirt/jersey thing. He is supposed to be watching his kids for his ex but is being very irresponsible with them. One is a young toddler, one is maybe 4 - both boys. He's letting the 4 year old run around wherever he wants to and has the toddler loose on the sidewalk instead of up on the porch though the street is busy. He's (the fiance) is lying on his stomach in a bit of a wet spot/puddle on the sidewalk teasing the toddler while he chats with his ex and his friends.

I can't believe how little care he's providing the children and say I'll take them in - we have to get ready for some sort of religious event anyway. I can't get both of them and their stuff. He derides me in front of his friends and calls me names when I ask for his help. He eventually does it but gets angry again when I ask what I should be doing to get the kids ready for this Christian religious event. I'm frustrated and crying after he goes back outside to talk to his friends/ex - how would I know what to do; I'm Jewish! I'm dressing the kids in what looks like my RL laundry room (very cramped - like a hallway with a w/d in it) but there are two TVs - one on the washer, one on the dryer. I'm letting the kids watch TV to keep them distracted while we get ready. I put the toddler's TV on sesame street and let the older one pick a cartoon. While I'm getting their clothes together, the toddler changes the channel to some sort of new year's eve circus parade - with girls in yellow showgirl outfits, an elephant, and some sort of character with a large dark-haired papier-mache head and a yellow cape that matches the showgirl outfits. The older one turns off his TV. I ask him why and he says he wants to watch what's on the younger one's TV.

~~~
Interesting - I'm definitely "me" in the first dream but in the second, though I was dreaming in first person, I was definitely someone else.

1 comment:

smileymamaT said...

Wow- I just read back a way to catch up - how very fascinating!