Sunday, August 3, 2008

1 -

The company I work for (in RL) is on some sort of retreat at a fancy, fancy home/hotel somewhere. The building looks very similar to a colonial-era church only larger - the same clean lines, white paint, dark banisters, raised panels.

A crazed employee (JB?) is trying to get to RF (president of the company). She's foaming at the mouth almost and we lock her outside and flee for our rooms. As we're going up the stairs, CF and I realize JB is trying to get in through the top of a giant palladian window (that's been hinged sort of like a transom) and deadbolt that too. Leave it to the support staff to do the dirty work. We race up the stairs but so many people are pounding up them at the same time, they start shaking. It reminds me of why soldiers break step when they cross a bridge and I realize they're going to collapse. CF and I dash off at the first landing.

The stairs were amazing - I wish I could draw them - the staircase started in the center of a two story foyer. About halfway up, they t-ed on a "bridge" over the foyer. Either end of that bridge had a half-flight up to the mezzanine level (that's where CF and I fled to). The bridge also had a staircase toward either end that continued upward (still over the open foyer) to another bridge like the first with a couple of steps on either end. Then that bridge had a center staircase that continued up to a second floor.

2 -

I don't remember many details of this one but it featured raptors attacking medieval warriors at a river bank. I remember thinking it was nonsensical as the backup warriors (second string) were in front. I think I've been reading too much XKCD...

No comments: