Sunday, January 18, 2009

I dreamed I lived in an apartment upstairs from a hairstylist I used to have cut my hair. I'd borrowed her margarita mixer and was drinking it with vodka after work. I finished my drink and went down to borrow some more. She wasn't home but I borrowed it anyway. (How obnoxious of me!) Her apartment was really not a separate entity. An older couple (the owners of the house) had the first floor and her apartment was sort of merged with theirs though she did have her own kitchenette, etc.

When I got back upstairs with my illicitly borrowed mixer, I debate whether to pour a bunch into another bottle so I don't have to hang on to her mixer or just leave her a note that I owe her a bottle of mixer. I have a tray of shot glasses half-filled with booze and finally decide to just pour mixer in each one and put the bottle back with a note (I was starting to feel quite the heel for the mooching.)

I noticed that someone had decorated my dining area and left me a cheerful bouquet of flowers, a card, and a balloon for my birthday. Some of my friends had stopped by. I thought it was really sweet but disappointed I missed them. I figured they might come back though.

No comments: